ALTERNATIVES OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
SignatureFD is a leading privately held financial design and advisory firm based in Atlanta, Georgia. With over $5 billion in assets for over 1,300 client families, we serve high-net-worth individuals, families and related entities. We are passionate about delivering exceptional advice, planning and service, and we use our clients’ success as a measure of our own. We believe that financial wealth is only important to the extent that it allows our clients to accomplish their life goals.
The Alternatives Operations Associate is an integral part of the overall client experience with a focus on Alternative Investments and other complex solutions offered to clients. This Associate will work directly with the Director of Element Operations to ensuring proper implementation of alternative investments and other solutions.
- Effectively process and manage the Alternative investment workflow including new subscriptions, redemptions, and transfers.
- Handle all Alternative account maintenance including, address updates, distribution changes, and follow-up AML requests.
- Work with fund companies to resolve issues, keep track of deadlines, and maintain our database of Fund documents.
- Assist with funding of Alternative investments including working with Cashiering Team on capital calls.
- Work with our custodians to onboard new Alternatives to respective platforms.
- Work with Onboarding and Portfolio Management with the transferring in of outside Alternatives.
- Assist with internal fund maintenance, operational due diligence and maintaining Alternative Sales Force profiles and Matrix.
- Assist Director of Fund management.
- Assist the Portfolio Accounting team during high volume periods.
- Cultivate relationships with our outside vendors and partners to provide efficient, seamless service to our clients.
- Work closely with compliance to identify potential red flags and report them to the CCO and/or Senior Management.
- Actively participates and contributes to Operations Team projects (internal and external).
- Develops an understanding of the Firm’s Financial Solutions philosophy, programs, features, and benefits. Strives towards a thorough understanding of firm services, philosophies, and ideologies.
- Strong interest in Alternative investments and desire to grow within the Operations Team or Fund Management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, can-do-attitude, enthusiasm, and a strong aptitude for learning.
- The ability to effectively prioritize workloads and complete tasks within well-defined guidelines and time constraints is essential.
- The ability to be resourceful and find resolution in situations that do not have a pre-defined course of action, as these situations frequently occur regarding alternative and other complex solutions.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical given the nature of paperwork, processes, and work, upon which both clients and the Wealth Management Team depend.
- This person is an intelligent, analytical thinker with the ability to draw on a range of resources to ensure a high-quality outcome across the position responsibilities.
- Possess the ability to identify potential compliance risks.
- Takes initiative both independently and within a team and the has intrinsic motivation to learn and grow within the role and company.
- 4-year college degree
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in the financial services industry with a concentration on investment operations and/or alternatives.
- Familiarity with CRMs is preferred.
- Familiarity with Fidelity, Schwab and TD Ameritrade is advantageous.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
At SignatureFD, we take great pride in our unique corporate culture and are always looking to build on it by adding experts from across the wealth management disciplines. If you are an energetic, innovative team player, committed to using your expertise to create a positive impact on the lives of others; if you are a positive individual who thrives on both the team collaborative-thinking process and the responsibility of autonomous self-driven project work; if you are passionate about the principles behind financial design and are looking to join a world-class team of like-minded individuals, then SignatureFD may be the place for you.
Please submit resumes (with cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org.