ALTERNATIVES PORTFOLIO ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
SignatureFD is a leading privately held financial design and advisory firm based in Atlanta, Georgia. With $4B in assets for over 1,200 client families, we serve high-net-worth individuals, families, and related entities. We believe that people are motivated to have a bigger impact with their wealth. We are passionate about delivering exceptional advice, planning, and service, and we use our clients’ success as a measure of our own. We believe that financial wealth is only important to the extent that it allows our clients to accomplish their life goals.
The Alternatives Portfolio Accounting Specialist is an integral part of the overall client experience, ensuring data integrity for our clients’ investment assets, with a focus on Alternative Investments.
- Review and interpret statements from alternative investments to accurately translate and record transactions into Portfolio Management Software, ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Ensure that all transactions are processed accurately, promptly, and completely.
- Input and maintain accurate client information in all appropriate databases and software applications.
- Track and process outstanding client transfers and purchases/redemptions of alternatives assets.
- Perform comprehensive reviews of data received from outside sources to confirm that we have received complete and accurate data.
- Work with fund companies to resolve questions and verify that all requests are received and handled to completion.
- Perform daily, monthly, and quarterly data scrubs and review the work of other specialists to ensure data integrity for Alternative Investments, Custodial Feeds, and ByAllAccounts investments.
- Effectively manage and prioritize workflow created from CRM action items, phone calls from clients, emails, and additional work not flowing through the central database.
- Participate and contribute to Portfolio Accounting Team projects (internal and external).
- Participate in projects including, but not limited to, tracking and updating historical information for alternative assets, researching commitments, and working with third-party data management systems to track investment data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, can-do-attitude, enthusiasm, and a strong aptitude for learning.
- The ability to effectively prioritize workloads and complete tasks within well-defined guidelines and time constraints are essential.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical given the nature of paperwork, processes, and work, upon which both clients and the Wealth Management Team depend.
- This person is an intelligent, analytical thinker with the ability to draw on a range of resources to ensure a high-quality outcome across the position responsibilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the capability to work under time constraints to meet deadlines and complete transactions with a high level of accuracy.
- Takes initiative both independently and within a team and has intrinsic motivation to learn and grow within the role and company.
- 4-year college degree
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in the financial services industry with a concentration in alternatives and investment operations.
- Familiarity with portfolio accounting systems is preferred (Axys/Advent, PortfolioCenter, Orion, other)
- Familiarity with CRMs is preferred (Salesforce, ServiceNow, BMC Ready-Frame, other)
- Familiarity with ByAllAccounts is preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency
At SignatureFD, we take great pride in our unique corporate culture and are always looking to build on it, adding experts from across the wealth management disciplines. If you are an energetic, innovative team player, committed to using your expertise to create a positive impact on the lives of others; if you are a positive individual who thrives on both the team collaborative-thinking process and the responsibility of autonomous self-driven project work; if you are passionate about the principles behind financial design and are looking to join a world-class team of like-minded individuals, then SignatureFD may be the place for you.
Please submit resumes (with cover letters) to Laura.Hubbell@signaturefd.com.