SignatureFD is a leading privately held financial design and advisory firm in Atlanta, Georgia and Charlotte, North Carolina. With over $6.9B in assets for over 1,500 client families, we serve high-net-worth individuals, families and related entities. We are passionate about delivering exceptional advice, planning, and service, and we use our clients’ success as a measure of our own. We recognize that good investment performance is the cornerstone of meeting our clients’ financial objectives. But more than that, we believe that financial wealth is only important to the extent that it allows our clients to accomplish their life goals and determine what matters most to them – what we also like to call Net Worthwhile.
Mission of the role:
Strengthen the due diligence and monitoring investment capabilities of the research team
This role reports to the Director of Research
We develop customized plans that address four key areas: Grow, Protect, Give and Live. This position, in particular, is responsible for marketable securities. Analysis of private investments is also likely. Structures employed for this include passive and actively managed mutual funds and ETFs across asset classes; separately managed accounts; partnerships and other private vehicles that invest in debt and equity instruments; and real assets. The primary functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor existing investments using regular update calls with fund managers, investment materials published by managers, and third-party macroeconomic research on various asset classes. The analyst will monitor and report on fund performances, and their abilities to fulfil their intended role in client portfolios, and changes in structure and strategy.
- Evaluate public and private investment funds on the quality of their management teams, attractiveness of their target asset classes, and appropriateness of their fund structures. The analyst will recommend new funds for approval, as well as what role these investments will play in clients’ holistic financial plans.
- Source new potential investments using various channels including fund databases, professional relationships, macroeconomic research, and asset managers.
- Communicate investment ideas in an understandable way to the Investment Committee, the Investment Team, client advisors, and clients.
- Collaborate with other investment team professionals such as strategists and portfolio managers in the client portfolio construction and management process by identifying and communicating appropriate investments.
- Create investment related deliverables for public and private investments.
We are looking for analysts who are interested in utilizing skills they currently possess and developing new ones. Applicants should have most of, preferably all, of the following skills:
- Established and proven investment acumen
- Knowledge of asset classes and related terminology
- Experience with security-level analysis and/or evaluating investment funds
- Analytical skills backed by a robust understanding of Excel
- Ability to distill complex investment ideas into simple written and verbal communications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative professional team environment
- Entrepreneurial minded and self-sufficient
- Three years of investment experience
- Professional designations: CFA or working towards it
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
Please submit resumes (with cover letter) to email@example.com