PORTFOLIO ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
SignatureFD is a leading privately held financial design and advisory firm based in Atlanta, Georgia. With over $5 billion in assets for over 1,300 client families, we serve high-net-worth individuals, families, and related entities. We are passionate about delivering exceptional advice, planning and service, and we use our clients’ success as a measure of our own. We believe that financial wealth is only important to the extent that it allows our clients to accomplish their life goals.
The Portfolio Accounting Specialist is an integral part of the overall client experience, focused on data integrity and engaging with the Wealth Management, Planning, Client Care, and Trading Teams. A high degree of attention to detail is required, with the Portfolio Accounting Specialist acting to ensure database accuracy creating a satisfying and memorable client experience.
- Ensure that all transactions are processed accurately, timely, and completed in their entirety
- Input investor information into database ensuring 100% accuracy
- Performs detailed analysis of database information, with understanding of back-office procedures, to pinpoint issues and create processes for future reconciliation
- Handles all necessary account maintenance such as reviewing, inputting, and recording investment related documents for alternative funds
- Participate in projects including, but not limited to, tracking and updating historical information for alternative assets, researching commitments, and working with third party data management systems to track investment data
- Inputs and maintains accurate client information in all appropriate databases and software applications.
- Tracks outstanding client transfers and purchases/redemptions of alternative assets.
- Review Alternative valuation, capital call, distribution transactions and provide backup if needed
- Effectively manages and prioritizes workflow created from CRM action items, phone calls from clients, emails, and additional work not flowing through the central database.
- Verifies that all requests to fund companies are received and handled to completion.
- Perform comprehensive review of all investor documents to ensure accuracy
- Ensures that complete cost basis information for alternatives is updated and available with the appropriate custodian.
- Actively participates and contributes to Portfolio Accounting Team projects (internal and external).
- Review the work of other specialists and provide constructive feedback.
- Develops an understanding of the Firm’s Financial Solutions philosophy, programs, features, and benefits. Strives towards a thorough understanding of firm services, philosophies, and ideologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, can-do-attitude, enthusiasm, and a strong aptitude for learning.
- The ability to effectively prioritize workloads and complete tasks within well-defined guidelines and time constraints is essential.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical given the nature of paperwork, processes, and work, upon which both clients and the Wealth Management Team depend.
- This person is an intelligent, analytical thinker with the ability to draw on a range of resources to ensure a high-quality outcome across the position responsibilities.
- Creative thinker who can analyze processes, is open-minded, and enjoys problem-solving
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a capability to work under time constraints to meet deadlines and complete transactions with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated initiative both independently and within a team and displays the intrinsic motivation to learn and grow within the role and company.
- 4-year college degree or 2 years in a data management position
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in the financial services industry with a concentration in securities and investment operations
- Base knowledge of Alternatives is a plus
- Familiarity with portfolio accounting systems is preferred (Axys/Advent, PortfolioCenter, Orion, ByAllAccounts, other)
- Familiarity with CRMs is preferred (Salesforce, ServiceNow, BMC Ready-Frame, other)
- Microsoft Office proficiency
At SignatureFD, we take great pride in our unique corporate culture and are always looking to build on it by adding experts from across the wealth management disciplines. If you are an energetic, innovative team player, committed to using your expertise to create a positive impact on the lives of others; if you are a positive individual who thrives on both the team collaborative-thinking process and the responsibility of autonomous self-driven project work; if you are passionate about the principles behind financial design and are looking to join a world-class team of like-minded individuals, then SignatureFD may be the place for you.
Please submit resumes (with cover letters) to firstname.lastname@example.org.