SENIOR PORTFOLIO DESIGNER
SignatureFD is a leading privately held financial design and advisory firm based in Atlanta, Georgia. With $6B+ in assets for over 1,600 client families, we serve high-net-worth individuals, families, and related entities. We believe that people are motivated to have a bigger impact with their wealth. We help clients simplify their financial lives, make better decisions, and bring focus so that they can maximize their time, money, relationships and ultimately, their impact.
The Senior Portfolio Designer is an integral part of the Wealth Management Team with primary responsibility for the investment portfolio design and strategy for prospective and current clients. The primary functions, skills and attributes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for oversight, coordination, and strategic input on the portfolio design for 200-300 new clients per year across the firm. This is done in collaboration with client advisor and in accordance with Investment Policy Statements and SignatureFD portfolio recommendations.
- Serves with the highest integrity and professionalism, maintaining a strong commitment to providing quality service to client advisors, the broader team and clients served by the firm.
- Conversant and proficient in core functions of personal financial planning. Specific ability to connect portfolio design to client goals and objectives, understand and communicate client cash flow and work across teams to deliver best client recommendations whether they be investment, planning, or insurance based.
- Creates and oversees transition plans for existing client portfolios as requested by client advisors within the framework of the SignatureFD investment platform.
- Assist advisors and participate in client meetings as necessary to help communicate complex client onboarding and transition plans. Focus on assisting advisors in the creation of firm growth through new client conversions as well as increased AUM from existing clients.
- Actively participates and contributes to Investment Team projects and communication efforts.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of firm services, philosophies, and ideologies.
- Ensures that each portfolio design is created according to the client’s Investment Policy Statement.
- Orders and directs the transfer of funds and securities to implement decisions.
- Coordination with the Portfolio Management team on the efficient and effective execution of trades across new and existing client transitions
- Oversee transactions involving new clients and existing clients with transitional situations.
- Ensure assets are tracking Investment Committee portfolio recommendations in a timely manner.
- Prepares the necessary materials for client proposals.
- Supports Advisors in meeting their clients’ investment needs.
- Supports investment team in building collateral and communicating with clients and Advisors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, technical expertise in the investment industry, collaborative and persuasive skills, and strong analytical abilities.
- As a wealth management organization, we recognize that there are often multiple ways of addressing client needs and goals. Educational or professional experience in financial planning or in the wealth management industry is highly desirable.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical.
- Adept at effectively prioritizing workloads and completing tasks within well-defined guidelines and time constraints.
- Intelligent, analytical thinker with the ability to align client financial goals with appropriate risk and return.
- 4-year college degree
- 5+ years of experience in investment related work
- Plan to work towards or already holds CFA designation, CFP designation or work towards CFP strongly desired
- Experience with portfolio accounting systems and rebalancing software preferred (Orion, iRebal, etc.)
- Familiarity with various account types (taxable, IRA, etc.), alternative investments and portfolio design concepts
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Excellent client, organizational, and analytical abilities
At SignatureFD, we take great pride in our unique corporate culture and are always looking to build on it. If you are an energetic, innovative team player, committed to using your expertise to create a positive impact on the lives of others; if you are a positive individual who thrives on both the team collaborative-thinking process and the responsibility of autonomous self-driven project work; if you are passionate about the principles behind financial design and are looking to join a world-class team of like-minded individuals, then SignatureFD may be the place for you.
Please submit resumes (with cover letters) to Tony Welch at email@example.com.